Good Evening,
Another great moving day. Both groups worked even better with one another during the 2 games played today. The older groups had competitive games and are looking forward to the playoffs tomorrow which we will play from 1 to 1:30. Then guest speaker, Brewster academy head coach Jason Smith.
The younger group continued to work a lot on their skill development. I brought in tennis balls and went through a routine with them for about :30 minutes. We were using them during agility drills, dribbling drills and tossing the tennis balls off the wall for hand speed and eye / hand coordination purposes. Coach Dan Place and Coach Mike Lee were a huge assistance with the younger group this week. Maybe it is the number of years they've worked with kids and coached but all I know is the two coaches were the glue which kept the younger group so attentive, motivated and excited.
The older kids worked on the agility ladder again today, adding the use of a basketball. They were not dribbling the ball, yet passing it around their own waste whiling exercising down the speed ladder. A lot of the kids were interested in pushing themselves as many of the drills were difficult to complete. There were more 3 on 3 games with the younger kids as well. The defense at camp has been very impressive. Overall, another smooth day with a lot of positive competitiveness and sportsmanship. The kids are tying their best during the many different drills, including time spent with morning ball handling drills and afternoon shooting drills. Another guest speaker tomorrow who will talk about defense is Jeff Gore (19 year assistant coach Southern New Hampshire University). He will speak from 12:30-1. Right after lunch.
To make this feel even more like a complete basketball camp I would like to invite all the parents into the gym for 1:45 pm! Without your coordination and efforts of dropping your camper(s) off I would not have enjoyed this week just as much as the kids and staff have. Tomorrow will be skills and drills first thing in the morning. And then team and individual contests, 2 guest speakers, playoff games with the older group, the 3 on 3 tournament with younger group and then camp ending awards ceremony. Knowing how exciting tomorrow will be I think I'll get some sleep . Hopefully I will see you all around 1:45.
Thank you!
- Tim
No comments:
Post a Comment